Sunday 31 October 2010

Birthday cake



In May this year I made my first 2-tiered cake...I think it turned out well. I loved the colour scheme - shades of pink and chocolate brown. I made the cake for a friend's 25th birthday. I liked it! In retrospect I think that the top layer was a bit big for the bottom layer. But I'm very happy wih how the roses turned out. And the polka dots...and the whole cake actually!




The vanilla sponge was tasty, but it was a bit stodgy and heavy, so I wouldn't use the same recipe again. The cake was filled with lemon curd and white chocolate mousse...YUMMY. I'll post the recipe for those soon! The cake was decorated with fondant/sugarpaste, which is very easy to work with and looks very nice. The only negative aspect of sugarpaste is that it's so sweet...BUT it looks nice...and food needs to look good, so I can live with the sweetness ;-)!

The secret with good cakes is letting your creativity flow and make it your own. Happy baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio