Saturday 15 January 2011

Salmon and avocado tramezzini

A few days ago I was showing a friend of mine from varsity some pictures from home and it made me miss the sea and the sand and the sun. One of the things I love most about South Africa is going out to a lovely restaurant and eating a delicious light lunch...like, for example, a tramezzini. A tramezzini is kind of like a big pita bread, filled with many varieties of fillings and grilled until it is crispy. Here in Sweden, we don't get any tramezzinis, so I decided to experiment and make my own. I used a pita bread, filled it with smoked salmon and avocado and fried it in a pan until it was a delicious golden brown...it turned out great! The closest to home I've been for a while;-)



To see this recipe in Swedish click here.

Here's the recipe for 4 people:

4 pita breads
8 tbsp cream cheese
8 slices of smoked salmon
2 ripe avocados
½ red onion, finely chopped
½ lemon
Some fresh dill
Pepper and salt

1. Spread 1 tbsp cream cheese in each pita bread. Put one slice of salmon and a few slices avocado in each.
2. Fry on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, until the bread gets golden brown.
3. Put on a plate. Put some more cream cheese and salmon on top of the pita, together with some more avocado, some red onion, lemon and some dill. Season with salt and pepper.

Enjoy!

Love,
Heidi

1 comments:

Katrein said...

Hi Heidi. I'm also from South Africa. Sounds tasty :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio