Monday 28 February 2011

Banana and caramel pie

One of my favourite combinations in the world is banana and caramel. I don't know what it is about the flavours that are SOOO delicious, but mmmmm. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. A while back, one of my recipes for the newspaper I write for was a delicious banana, caramel and chocolate pie!

You WANT to try this...believe me! Unless you are like my sister and don't like the flavour of bananas...then you won't like it. Otherwise it's a MUST ;-)

To see this recipe in Swedish, click here.



8 servings

3 1/2 dl flour (350 ml)
1 1/2 dl sugar (150 ml)
1 dl cocoa (100ml)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
60 g butter or margarine
1 dl sour cream (100ml)
2 bananas
2 dl cream, whipped
1 tin of caramel (if you live in a country where you can't buy ready-made caramel, or you feel adventurous and want to make your own, click here to see how.)

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
3. Rub the butter and dry ingredients together with your finger tops.
4. Press the dough onto a sheet of wax paper into a ball, about 20 cm in diameter.
5. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes. Cool of a cooling rack.
6. Spread the caramel over the pie base. Top with the sliced bananas and whipped cream.

(I made 2 pie bases so that I could make a sandwich-like dessert. If you want a more filling "fika"* then this is the way to go!)

Enjoy your day!

Love, Heidi

* Fika is a well-known Swedish term for having a coffee break together with something nice and sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio