Tuesday 19 April 2011

Smoked salmon bruschettas

This is my new favourite recipe...

Seriously!

It's delicious! And looks great! And is oh so simple to make!

There's a TV show in Sweden called "Halv åtta hos mig" (which basically means: Half past seven at my place), and even though we don't have a TV, I try to catch the show as often as I can on the internet. The show works like this: there are 4 contestants, who invite each other to their homes, for a 3-course meal. After each evening, the guests vote for their host and the host that gets the most points at the end, wins...simple as that! Anyways, I often think about what 3-course meal I would master up for my guests...

I at least have a good starter!

So why not try it out...I'll be there, half past seven at your place!




Makes about 12

To see this recipe in Swedish click here.

1 rustic baguette
150g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
1 small garlic clove
2 tbsp olive oil
1 dl (100ml) mixed seeds: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts...
Parmesan

Dill and lemon oil:
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp finely chopped dill
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper

This is how:

1. Put the oven on 200 degrees celcius.

2. Cut the baguette diagonally i 12 thick slices. Mix the crushed garlic and olive oil. Sprinkle over the bread and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the bread has hardened and become golden brown.

3. Roast the seeds in a dry pan.

4. Put the salmon on the bread, top with the seeds and some slices of parmesan.

5. Mix all the ingredients for the dill oil and sprinkle on top.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio