Tuesday 14 June 2011

Strawberry and raspberry compote

I absolutely love surprises! They always make me so happy. And the other day I got a really great surprise.

My car was parked at my church while I was at varsity, and after a long hard day of preparing for a big presentation I came to my car and saw that someone had tied a bag of rhubarbs to my car. I'm still not sure who it was, but thank you to that person! You made my day!

One of my favourite things to do with rhubarbs is to stew them, especially together with strawberries. The flavours combine so well and it can be used for so much. It's a great dessert together with some white chocolate cream. It's great with some yoghurt or porridge for breakfast. It also works great as a filling between 2 layers of cake. Fill a pretty jar up with the compote and you have a perfect present to give away!




Here's the recipe:

3 rhubarb stalks
1kg frozen strawberries (or 1 litre fresh)
1 dl sugar (can adjust to your desired level of sweetness)
2 tbsp water
2 tsp cardemom seeds, ground
½ vanilla pod

1. Trim the rhubarbs and remove the outer skin. Cut stalks into small pieces.
2. Put all the ingredients (except the vanilla) in a pot and simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Scrape out the vanilla from the pod and mix it into the compote.
4. Serve with some white chocolate cream and lots of love


Another thing that makes me happy is seeing how many new people come by and visit me on my blog! I hope you enjoy!

Have a wonderful day!

Love,
Heidi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio