Sunday 31 October 2010

Horse Cake


Here is another cake I made for a friend's sister. I was asked to make something to do with horses, so I modelled a horse from fondant and put it in a field of flowers. I think it was cute, and apparently it tasted really nice too...that's always good to hear!


I love the little flower and fence details. The flowers and horse were made in advance so that they had time to dry. The fence was, however, made just before I put it on the cake so that it would fit against the cake properly. Finally I piped some grass around the edge and on the cake to finish it off. The cake is made from chocolate sponge, filled with chocolate cookie cream and covered in white chocolate frosting. Lots and lots of chocolate...it always works!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio